The Weekly Wrap – Term 1 Week 11 – 2021
Weekly Wrap Apr 24, 2021
- We hope everyone enjoyed a happy Easter break.
As Term 1 draws to a close, it is important that we reflect on our collective achievements in both class and whole school programs. We are very pleased with the way students have settled into their classes, formed new friendships and demonstrated a positive attitude to their learning and behaviour, as shared to families in their recent learning conferences.
We would like to acknowledge the hard work of our teaching and support staff who have worked tirelessly throughout the term, showing a strong commitment to supporting student learning. We wish them a well-deserved break.
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank families for their ongoing support of class programs and school activities. We would particularly like to acknowledge families who:
- supported our Colour Explosion Fun Run on Thursday – which proved to be a great success. Special thanks to the parent fundraising team who coordinated the event. Funds raised will be used to purchase outdoor seating and new playground markings. Please stay tuned for a further update regarding prizes.
- attended their child/ren’s learning conference over recent weeks. These conferences are an important part of our annual assessment and reporting practices where students take an active role in reflecting on their learning progress and achievements. Almost all parents / carers have met with teachers sending a strong message to children of the importance of their education. Thank you for your commitment to your child/ren and the school. If you were unable to meet with your child’s teacher, please contact them to arrange a time to meet early next term.
- volunteered to assist with after school hours sports coordination and coaching in – Cross Country, Sports SA events, Basketball, Cricket, Netball and Soccer (in Terms 2/3)
Next term, we look forward to reintroducing further parent involvement in other school activities.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead and for the upcoming holiday break. We look forward to seeing everyone back for Term 2. Please note, I (Paul) will be on leave for the last week of term and first week of Term 2, Rob will be acting Principal during this time.
Kind regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky
- Early Dismissal – Friday 9th April – A reminder that we have an early dismissal on the last day of term with school finishing at 2.10pm. Children who do not have parent / carer consent will be dismissed at 3.10pm.
- Congratulations to Aiden L and Lachlan T who represented the School Sport SA Southern Heights district Boys Softball team last week. A great effort Aiden and Lachlan, we hope you played well.
- Amphitheatre Update – We are looking forward to the next stage of these building works, with concreting to be undertaken throughout the upcoming holiday period, weather permitting. We are hoping the project will be completed by mid-term 2.
- Reminder – Reception to Year 2 Swimming program commences on Tuesday 27th April.
- COVID Update – Thank you for your ongoing support of our school’s COVID safety measures, which remain in place for the start of next term. If on-site, please remember to check in using the QR code and practise social distancing. Only enter classrooms if invited by the class teacher.
Families of Year 6 and 7 Students – Transition To High School in 2022
- Reminder to check in with the recent update and brochure regarding applications to start Secondary School in 2022.
- Online Registration Forms for families will be received via email in Week 1 of Term 2 so please keep an eye out for this.
- If you have not already done so, please ensure that we have the most accurate and up to date email addresses and residential addresses to limit any issues during the Registration process. If you have any changes that need to be made, please contact the front office as soon as possible either via email [email protected] or phone us on 8270 4144.
- Friday 9/4 – End of Term 1 – Early Dismissal 2.10pm for students with consent.
- Hello world! on