School Sport SA – Sapsasa Information
General News Apr 24, 2021
School Sport SA – Sapsasa, organises and conducts various competitions for primary school students throughout the school year. There are 3 levels of Sapsasa teams/sports: Statewide Schools Competitions (school-based knockout), District and State Carnivals/Championship & Individual School Championships. Team sports are generally for Year 6/7 students and individual sports for students 10-13 years of age. Sapsasa information will be published on the school blog and daily student notices.
Statewide (Knockout) competitions
Schools can choose to nominate teams in school-based competitions if there is enough student interest and coaches available. In 2021 both Year 6 and Year 7 students will be given the opportunity to nominate if they are playing the particular team sport. Parent support for coaching and transport is required for teams to be nominated.
Term 1 – Cricket
Term 2 & 3 – Football, Netball and Soccer
Term 4 – Softball, Tennis and Volleyball
State (District) Carnivals
Craigburn’s district for the round robin state carnivals is Southern Heights. Year 6 & 7 students are nominated to trial for these teams with trials held out of school hours. This year most sports will either have a combined Year 6/7 team or separate Year 6 and Year 7 teams. Parents are responsible for transporting their students to and from district carnivals if selected. Students are notified of these trials throughout the year as information becomes available.
- Softball Year 6/7 teams – Week 10, 29 – 31 March
- Netball Year 7 teams – Week 6, Monday 31 May – Wednesday 2 June
- Netball Year 6 teams – Week 6, Wednesday 2 – Friday 4 June
- Australian Football Year 6 teams – Week 9, Monday 21 June – Wednesday 23 June
- Australian Football Year 7 teams – Week 9, Wednesday 23 June – Friday 25 June
- Football (Soccer) Year 7 teams – Week 4, Wednesday 11 – Friday 13 August
- Hockey Year 6/7 teams – Week 4 – Wednesday 11 – Friday 13 August
- Football (Soccer) Year 6 teams – Week 7, Monday 30 August- Wednesday 1 September
- Cricket Year 6/7 teams – Week 4 – Monday 1 – Thursday 4 November
- Tennis Year 6/7 teams – Week 5 – Monday 8 – Thursday 11 November
State Championship Days and Carnivals Individual School Championships
Our district, Southern Heights holds district swimming, cross country and athletics days that we participate in, from which district teams are then selected. For swimming, diving, athletics and cross-country students must be in their 10th year or older.
- Southern Heights Swimming Carnival – Born 2011 or older – Friday 26 February (evening) – parents responsible for transport and supervision
- Diving – Born 2011 or older – 26 March – parents responsible for transport and supervision
- Southern Heights Cross Country Carnival – Born 10 or older – Friday 7 May – transport by bus as a school group
- Southern Heights Athletics Carnival – Week 6 – Tuesday 24 August – Born 2011 or older – transport by bus as a school group
- Basketball – Yr 6 and 7 boys & girls – parents responsible for transport
- Golf – Yr 5-7 boys and girls – parents responsible for transport and supervision
- Mountain Bike -Yr 6 and 7 boys and girls – parents responsible for transport and supervision
School Sport Australia Championships
Held in various states throughout the year. State teams are chosen on a merit selection process for a variety of sports. Details of trials and registration forms are online at www.decd.sa.gov.au/teaching/sport/sports-and-competitions/interstate-nomination-process
If you require any further information re School Sport SA Sapsasa sports please speak to Specialist PE Teacher Karen Pettman or email on [email protected]
- Hello world! on